HONOLULU (HI Now) - St. Francis Healthcare System challenges you to do something good for yourself and for Hawaii’s families. Put your best foot forward for the new year and register for the 10th annual Saint Marianne Cope Walk and Wellness Fair. The walk will start and end at Magic Island on Saturday, January 21st. All walkers will receive a mini bento and more! “This annual event keep growing because everyone can take leisurely stroll and learn how to stay healthy,” said Melissa Ah Ho-Mauga, interim CEO of St. Francis Healthcare System. “It’s a great way to begin 2023.”
Proceeds from the walk will support valuable health and social services for kupuna, family caregivers and others to create healthy communities in Hawaii. St. Francis Healthcare System offers:
- Virtual caregiver education and wellness classes;
- Adult day care, available in Manoa and Ewa;
- Islandwide in-home bathing and personal care services;
- Transportation services, door-to-door or curb-to-curb transportation for doctor visits and other appointments for eligible kupuna;
- Franciscan CARE Plus, care coordination and support from an experienced social worker;
- St. Francis Hospice, including home hospice care islandwide as well as hospice care in nursing homes and at our home-like inpatient hospice facility in Nuuanu;
- St. Francis Preschool in Ewa Villages;
- The Ching Villas, providing skilled nursing and rehabilitative care in Liliha;
- Franciscan Vistas Ewa, an affordable senior independent living community; and
- Hale O Meleana (House of Marianne), Honolulu’s newest senior living and memory care community at the St. Francis Kupuna Village in Liliha.
To register for the walk, visit stfrancishawaiievents.org or call 808-547-8031.
Copyright 2023 KHNL. All rights reserved.