Sponsored by Hawaii State Department of Agriculture
During the stay-at-home order, many have found themselves at home having to get creative with what’s in the fridge. That’s where where For J’s Hawaii comes in with its gourmet sea salts and Hawaiian cane sugars! Today, the HI Now hosts are making poke using For J’s Steak Poke Sauce along with the Steak Rub with Aloha to make an ono steak dish.
For J’s Hawaii has been in business since 2001, and “For J’s” stands for: Janis, her husband John, and their son Johnathan and daughter Jaelyn. The family is passionate about food, and sharing their gourmet products is a way of spreading the aloha — from their ohana to yours!
For J’s Steak Poke Sauce was introduced to the public at the 2016 Made in Hawaii Festival and sold out on the second day of the event. Once people tasted the samples of the poke, they were sold!
Here are some of the other products you can try from For J’s Hawaii:
1) Gourmet Sea Salts (flavors: Kiawe Smoke, Hawaiian Chili Pepper, Maui Onion, Garlic, Hickory Smoke, Red ‘Alaea, Black Lava)
2) Gourmet Cane Sugar (flavors: Mango, Pineapple, Lychee, Lilikoi)
3) Kiawe Liquid Smoke
4) Steak Poke Sauce
5) Steak Rub with Aloha (featuring Kona Coffee)
6) Salts with Aloha (flavors: Kiawe Smoke, Maui Onion, Hawaiian Chili Pepper)
7) Signature Rum Cakes (during Christmas season)
8) Macadamia Nut Basil Pesto and Macadamia Nut Basil Pesto Salad Dressing
Not only are its seasonings no fail, For J’s Hawaii also also shares their own family recipes that you can add to your weekly routine. You can find recipes for baked stuffed salmon, prime rib roast, fishcake poke and more at forjshawaii.com.
To learn more about how you can get the Hawaii Seal of Quality on your products, get more information here: sealofquality.hawaii.gov
For more information: forjshawaii.com