Your favorite Fall flavors all in one cocktail!
When it comes to the Fall season, it’s not all about sweet coffees and desserts. Autumn flavors also lend themselves to some pretty tasty whiskey cocktails! So if you’re looking to spice up date night at home, check out this simple recipe from Bartender Daniel Bruce at Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Apple Pie Syrup Ingredients:
1 cup 100% apple juice
0.5 cup demerara sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1) Bring apple juice to boil on stove then reduce to simmer.
2) Add demerara and stir till dissolved.
3) Add cloves and cinnamon stick.
4) Take off heat and let cool to room temp.
2oz Bourbon Whiskey (I used Angel’s Envy because they sponsored the bottle so if we could mention them?)
1oz Apple Pie Syrup
2 dashes of Angostura bitters
1 orange twist
1 apple spice
Club Soda (optional)
1) Add bourbon, syrup and bitters in mixing glass with ice and stir.
2) Strain into glass with fresh ice.
3) Add twist of orange and apple spice with clove stuck in it.
4) Optional: Top off with club soda
Bruce is part of the United States Bartenders Guild, a national hospitality non-profit with the goal of advancing professional bartending through education and serving communities. The Hawaii Chapter is made up of 200 of some of the best bartenders around the state. The group focuses on education, mentoring, community and service.
It’s gonna be a while before it start cooling off here in Hawaii, but September 22 marks the first day of Fall in 2020! In addition to this fall cocktail, the hosts got a jump-start on the new season by making some pumpkin treats, including a pumpkin chocolate chip bread and a pumpkin coffee creamer that you can try at home! Get the recipes here.