Sponsored by Central Pacific Bank
Looking for a quick and easy party dish? Kim Nishigaya from Central Pacific Bank is sharing her clam dip recipe. It’s quick, easy and tasty! The best part? You don’t need to have culinary skills or any special kitchen appliances in order to make this dish.
Simple Cream Cheese, Clam & Onion Dip
Servings: 2-4 (snack size)
1 block (8 oz.) of cream cheese (regular of 1/3 less fat)
1 can of minced clams
¼ medium onion, minced (white, yellow or red)
Pepper to taste
1 bag of corn chips (recommend Fritos © Scoops)
1 tsp of green onion for garnish (optional)
1. (Optional) Remove cream cheese from the refrigerator to soften for about 10-20 minutes. This will make it easier to mix.
2. Place cream cheese in your desired serving bowl.
3. Mince ¼ of the onion. Add to the serving bowl. If you prefer a stronger onion flavor, feel free to add more onion.
4. Open the can of clams and drain the clam juice into a separate container to be added in to the dip later.
5. Add clams to the serving bowl.
6. Mix ingredients.
7. Slowly mix in clam juice until your dip has reached your desired consistency. (For a thicker dip, use only about half of the liquid.)
8. Add pepper to taste.
9. Dip can be served immediately or chilled and served later.
Place finished product in a serving bowl and enjoy!
About Central Pacific Bank
Central Pacific Bank is the primary subsidiary of Central Pacific Financial Corp., a Hawaii based financial institution. It provides a full range of banking, investment and trust services. Founded by a small group of World War II veterans in 1954 to help immigrant families build a life away from the plantations, the bank has grown to serve the financial needs of all families and small businesses in the Islands.