Pint & Jigger
The gastropub movement has taken hold in Hawaii and we went to check one out. Pint & Jigger in McCully has amazing craft beers and savory food, all wrapped up in a classic social atmosphere. Chef Korey Kasparovitch whips up some Whiskey Flambeed Mushroom Crostini.
Whiskey Flambeed Mushroom Crostini
4 oz Cream Cheese
2 T Heavy Cream
1.5 oz Roasted Garlic
4.5 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 t Dijon Mustard
16 Crostini (3 inches long, 1/2 inch thick, buttered)
1/2 Onion (Fine Dice)
2 oz Butter
2 fl oz Whiskey
2 T Chopped Parsley
2 T Minced Garlic
1 lb Button Mushrooms (halved)
2 oz Vegetable Oil
1/2 t Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper
1. To make the Parmesan Cream combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, roasted garlic, parmesan, and dijon mustard in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
2. For the mushrooms, heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil to the pan. Once the pan just starts to smoke add the mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms for 3 minutes then turn the heat down to medium and add the onion and garlic. Continue to sauté until the mushrooms are tender.
3. Carefully take the pan away from the burner and add the whiskey. Return the pan to the burner and allow the flame to ignite the whiskey. Watch your eyebrows.
4. Once the fire goes out turn off the heat.
5. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
6. Add the lemon juice and parsley.
7. Let the pan cool down for a minute then add the butter while stirring constantly.
8. While mushrooms are cooking toast the crostini.
9. Spread the Parmesan Cream on each crostini.
10. Spoon 3-4 mushroom halves and a little of the butter sauce on each crostini.
11. Optional – drizzle with Olive Oil
For more information, please visit pintandjigger.com.