Unique flavors give this jalapeño dish a unique twist
Double J from Power 104.3 is turning up the heat in our HI Now kitchen with his recipe for bacon-wrapped, overstuffed honey jalapeño poppers! What makes this recipe unique? The honey nut cream cheese adds another flavor dimension, complimenting the bacon. Not into spicy dishes? For a more mild heat, cut each jalapeño in half (lengthwise) and use a spoon to scrape out the membrane and seeds inside.
Here’s a quick tip before you begin prepping for this recipe: If you’re planning to use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place around the jalapenos, soak the toothpicks in water for at least 20 minutes. This will prevent them from burning during the cooking process.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
12 jalapeño peppers (about 3-inches long)
8 oz softened Honey Nut Cream Cheese
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
12 slices bacon
Toothpicks soaked in water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Slice peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and ribs.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and shredded cheese.
5. Divide filling evenly between peppers. Wrap each pepper in a half-slice of bacon using a toothpick to hold bacon in place.
6. Place peppers on prepared pan.
7. Bake 20 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crispy.
About Double J
Double J is one of the hosts of “Candace Kay & Double J In the Morning on Power 104.3.” Catch the show weekday mornings 5 a.m. – 10 a.m. With his trademark shaved head and love of tattoos, Double J is a radio personality who commands respect every morning on Power 104.3 Imagine every time you hear him as a partially completed canvas. Double J adds his own color, texture and feel as he maximizes every hour of every show to create the unique Double J experience. His unique and sometimes blunt views on life, love and music are all part of the show that will leave you smiling and laughing.