Register for the Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure before Oct. 11
There is a greater need now more than ever to continue to support Komen Hawaii and this year’s Komen Hawaii Race For the Cure. The event will take place virtually this year on October 11 on the Race for the Cure app and on the Komen Hawaii social media pages on Facebook and Instagram @KomenHawaii.
In more than 2,200 communities across the United States, more than 75,000 Komen volunteers and staff work to help fund breast cancer screening, diagnosis, patient navigation, treatment and education programs for those who need it most. Involvement with 2020 Komen Hawaii Virtual Race for the Cure makes a lasting positive impact on our community here in Hawaii.
Brigid Barcarse and Angie Golis are long time committee members of the Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure. Their dedication to the mission of Susan G. Komen Hawaii is extraordinary, and their donation of time and talent has an immeasurable impact on our local community.
“By registering and donating to the Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure, I am part of the fight to end breast cancer forever,” says Barcarse. “I know the funds I raise will support the women and men in Hawaii who are battle breast cancer.”
Breast cancer isn’t cancelled and Komen Hawaii’s mission to save lives isn’t cancelled. The organization remains committed to doing whatever it takes to save lives by supporting those most vulnerable within the breast cancer community. By registering for the Race for the Cure and donating, participants ensure important services continue for those in need, including:
1) Komen Hawaii’s Treatment Assistance program, which provides financial assistance to patients going through treatment
2) Komen’s Breast Care and Clinical Trials Helpline, which is receiving record-high call volume
3) Guiding patients through difficult decisions and providing psychosocial support from oncology social workers.
4) Komen’s advocacy for breast cancer patients and their needs among policy makers
5) Funding lifesaving research and clinical trials to discover new treatments
By registering for the Race for the Cure and donating, participants ensure these important services continue for those in need. To register, visit KomenHawaii.org where registration is free. If you need further assistance, call Komen Hawaii at 754-6659.