NFL season is back, so get your game day snacks ready!
Sports fans, get ready! The NFL is back this weekend! When it comes to watching games, you need to have your snacks ready to go. If you’re looking for a new recipe to try this weekend while you’re watching, look no further. HI Now hosts Kanoe Gibson and Kainoa Carlson are in the kitchen whipping up some delicious guacamole ahead of game day.
This isn’t your average guacamole, as the recipe adds a new twist with a number of local flavors. It’s basically a deconstructed poke nachos dish, so it’s sure to be an instant favorite in every Hawaii household! Be sure to serve it up with some won ton chips, and you’ll be good to go!
Recipe: Kanoe’s Kolohe Guacamole
2 avocados, lightly mashed
3 sticks imitation crab, shredded (leave out or substitute with fresh ahi, cooked shrimp, kamaboko, etc.)
¼ c white onion, chopped
1/8 c green onion, chopped
¼ c spicy sesame mayo (see recipe below)
¼ c unagi glaze
1 T bonito flakes
1 T furikake
Won ton chips
Spicy Sesame Mayo:
½ c mayo
1/8 c sriracha
½ t sesame oil
1) Mix avocado, crab, white onion and a little unagi glaze for taste together in a bowl.
2) Drizzle spicy sesame mayo and unagi sauce over top of mixture.
3) Top with green onion, bonito flakes and furikake. Serve with won ton chips, and enjoy!
See more recipes from the HI Now kitchen:
– From Mojitos to Salsa: Recipes to try this Mango Season <add link: hinowdaily.com/from-mojitos-to-salsa-recipes-to-try-this-mango-season>
– Try these Watermelon dishes perfect for a hot summer day: HI Now hosts make Watermelon “Poke” and 5-minute Watermelon Sorbet! <add link: hinowdaily.com/try-these-simple-watermelon-dishes-perfect-for-a-hot-summer-day>
– Spam Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits: A recipe that’s perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or a movie night snack. And the best part? It won’t break the bank!