Sponsored by AlohaCare
Healthcare continues to be on the mind of millions of Americans. Hawaii’s third largest insurance company, AlohaCare, is offering quality care options, currently managing 70,000 members. Senior director of health services, Jorge Garcia, and service coordination manager, Juliana Caldwell, joined host Kanoe Gibson on set to talk about how the insurance company believes personalized care is key to helping people stay healthy.
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan founded in 1994 by Hawaii’s Community Health Centers. Today, AlohaCare has over 70,000 health plan members. It is the third largest health plan in Hawaii. The company partners with nearly 3,500 physicians, specialists and providers in the care of members. It has over 230 employees located in offices on Oahu, the Big Island, Maui and Kauai.
We envision empowered, healthy communities living in the spirit of aloha.
Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment.
• By “empowered, healthy communities” and by “ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all,” AlohaCare means: AlohaCare’s core business will focus on being recognized as the best and most successful plan in serving the Medicaid and the dually-eligible Medicaid and Medicare populations of Hawaii; and, AlohaCare’s core role will be that of a facilitator in helping communities to become more empowered to ensure access to quality health care for all.
• By “serve individuals and communities,” AlohaCare means that it must constantly build and maintain special health plan expertise and capabilities that can successfully and effectively solve the most persistent challenges in meeting the health care needs of individuals within this population in the communities in which they live.
• By the “spirit of aloha,” AlohaCare means that the principles of aloha by which it conducts its core business will result in the highest levels of member and provider satisfaction and of member retention among those organizations who serve these populations.
• By “with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers,” AlohaCare means that the main emphasis as a health plan in achieving its mission will come about largely through core partnership and collaboration with the community health centers and a focus on primary care and prevention.
• By “with others that share our commitment,” AlohaCare means that, in addition to o emphasis in working with community health centers, we will also work in closer partnership and collaboration with physicians, other health care providers, social service organizations and communities that share our mission commitment.
For more information: AlohaCare.org