Pair German beers with its special Oktoberfest menu through Oct. 20
While more than 130,000 Americans will spend over $1,000 traveling to celebrate Oktoberfest in Germany, you can now celebrate without boarding a plane! Yard House in Waikiki is hosting an Oktoberfest celebration until October 20 featuring German-inspired dishes and plenty of beer! HI Now hosts Jobeth Devera and Kanoe Gibson are with Yard House General Manager Beau Suzuki to check out the restaurant’s special Stacked Oktoberfest Burger.
Yard House Oktoberfest beers:
– Sam Adams Octoberfest: A blend of rich malts for a hearty, smooth flavor with notes of caramel, creating a brew that’s perfect for the season.
– Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen: This deep-golden German beer is lightly sweet with a malty nose, balanced with floral hops.
– Sierra Nevada Marzen (in collaboration with Bitburger): This Festbier, a collaboration with Germany’s Bitburger Brewery, has a rich amber color, smooth malty flavor and secret hop blend for just the right amount of snap on the finish.
– Weihenstephan Fest: This Festbier, produced by the world’s oldest continuously operating brewery, has a rich body with a balanced finish and represents the Bavarian way of celebrating.
– Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn: This German beer has a deep golden color and is full-bodied from Munich and Pilsner malts with a balanced fragrance of hops.
Yard House special Oktoberfest dishes:
– Jumbo Bavarian Pretzel: Served with horseradish mustard and beer cheese sauce.
– Bavarian Pork Chops: Double pork chop topped with German-inspired wild mushroom sauce, and served with baby broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes.
– Stacked Oktoberfest Burger: Double beef burger topped with bacon tomato jam, arugula, tomato, grilled onion, Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard on a pretzel roll.
– Chicken Schnitzel & Potato Salad: A traditional German dish of breaded chicken, pounded thin and then fried, and paired with a German potato salad with bacon and green onions.
– The Flammkuchen: Inspired by a specialty from Southern Germany, this sweet and savory pizza features bacon, caramelized onion and a three-cheese blend of Swiss, mozzarella and parmesan.
For more information: Yardhouse.com, or on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram: @yardhouse