Enhance your poke flavors with Island Olive Oil products
When it comes to the recipes you cook at home, using a quality olive oil or balsamic vinegar can make all the difference. HI Now host Kanoe Gibson is sharing her recipe for Mojito Poke using Island Olive Oil’s Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar and its Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This is a poke dish you can easily put together for your next party. Island Olive Oil strives to bring the freshest, highest quality extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars to your home and kitchen. Its Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar nicely enhances the dish’s flavor. Perfect for summer or a hot day, the acidity from the pineapple gives the poke a sweet tang.
While this recipe uses ono specifically, you can use any fish you like to make the poke. Serve this dish with chips to add a nice crunch!
- 1/2 lb fish
- 1 tbl Hawaiian salt
- 1/8 cup sweet pepper
- 1/8 cup red onion
- 1/8 cup pineapple
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1/8 cup Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbl fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, add Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lime juice, and mint into a mixer. Blend together.
- Slice fish into cubes, then put into a small mixing bowl and add Hawaiian salt.
- Add sweet pepper, red onion, pineapple, and cilantro.
- Add dressing and mix together.
- Plate with fresh limes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Island Olive Oil currently features over 50 oils and vinegars on tap to choose from for the simplest of home cooks to the most discerning chef. You’ll find white and dark balsamic vinegars along with specialty gourmet products from Italy. Island Olive Oil even has products made by local farmers. Learn more about how to select the best olive oils here.
See more recipes using Island Olive Oil: